American Marketing Association Las Vegas Chapter Monthly Luncheon
Thursday, February 3, 2022
As Clark County approaches the 5 millionth wedding license issued, the city is celebrating love and marriage at all levels. The Las Vegas chapter of the American Marketing Association invited Wedding Industry professionals to discuss the current state of the wedding industry in the Wedding Capital of the World at our February monthly luncheon: The Marketing of Love.
The above link for the Wedding Capital of the World will take you to The Official Website of Las Vegas, which boasts Vegas’s claim to fame on the title as Wedding Capital because “Ease of access, price, versatility, attractions and activities… basically everything you could ever want in a destination wedding.”
Did you know that there are just over 143k lodging rooms in Las Vegas?
Since I have began representing Forge Social House in late 2021, Boulder City’s premier event venue specializing in weddings, I have embraced this special opportunity to work with individuals in planning and enjoying one of the best days of their lives.
I am honored, humbled, and grateful to be a part in each couple’s hopes and dreams for that day to come true.
At Forge Social House, we strive to make planning seamless for our couples, provide options that make our couples feel special, and provide an excellent experience for our guests as well as our team. Happy Team members lead to happy customers – any organizational leader will support this concept of exponential gratitude. When the team feels appreciated, they work harder, are more bought in to the mission and goals of the brand, and care about the organization as a whole.
At Forge Social House, we forge relationships.
Venue Tours by Appointment Only
“Forging relationships since 2014.” Connect with Forge Social House on IG.
Since I dove into the Wedding Industry in late 2021, I have immersed myself in all things weddings. Wedding International Professionals Association (WIPA), Las Vegas Wedding Chamber (LVWCC), National Association for Caterers & Events (NACE), Las Vegas Hospitality Association (LVHA), as well as several Women Supporting Women’s Groups such as International Association of Women (IAW), and Women Supporting Women of Boulder City.
I am excited about the future and getting more involved with these organizations and the wedding industry in general.
There are so many bad-ass wedding planners out there leading the industry in innovative awe-inspiring creative wedding designs.
One of my next goals is to chat with a wedding designer to hear their ideas on decor concepts that will complement Forge Social House in the most eloquent ways.
The Marketing of Love discussion kicked off with Moderator, Maria Romano, and led the group through the conversation of Love in Las Vegas, Marriage Marketing, and the people behind the magic.
- Built in Wedding Planners are a thing to stay. A person who represents a venue has added new/unique services and referral marketing.
- Wedding Venue – opportunity to talk up a venue, create a vision of what they will experience, prepare them for their point of contact
- Wedding Florist – escort your couple through the planning stage of choosing textures and color scheme
- Wedding Gown – refer talented industry professionals who will take the best care of your couple in achieving the couples dreams within their budget
- Wedding Ring – Create relationships with jewelers – which is usually the first point of contact of a couple
- Making the day stress free and easy are key components to a successful wedding vendor business.
- The couple and their guests are all going to be easily swayed emotionally on this day
- Each interaction should be graceful, positive, and inclusive. Couples are more interested in working with people who they connect with. Be someone that anyone can connect with.
- Focusing on the couple, and making the couple feel special are the top priority of every successful wedding vendor
- 4-5% of Las Vegas revenue is generated through Wedding Tourism
- Micro Weddings are now the thing – Micro Weddings are less than 50 guests
- Outside Weddings blew up in 2021 and are in high demand for 2022
- We roll out the red carpet for our Las Vegas Wedding Couples – Concierge, Front Desk Agents, Transportation all play a vital role in making each Las Vegas Wedding Couple feel like they’ve made the best decision to tie the knot in the Wedding Capital of the World
- The Las Vegas Wedding License Bureau opened a satellite licensing office in Terminal 3 of the airport to make the process more seamless for our February 2022 couples
- There is a 5 Million Love Stories Event at the Las Vegas Sign on February 20, 2022 at 8:30am on the South end of the Las Vegas strip
- Lynn Goya has prompted all Clark County businesses to join in the celebration of 5 Million Love Stories by participating in different activities and creating their own special ways of honoring the couples who has made Las Vegas the Wedding Capital of the World.
- Sidenote: I hosted an event at Forge Social House on Thursday, January 13, 2022 themed around 5 Million Love Stories. See the event recap here.
- Memorable Quotes:
- According to Ramon Montez, of the LVCVA, the reason Las Vegas has succeeded in the Destination Wedding Industry is because “not only can we compete and offer what other places offer – we are better priced.”
- “Always be marketing. Always be consistent.” – Jodi Harris
- “Covid has had a positive effect on couples in terms of planning weddings.” – Ramon Montez
- “The couple wants to celebrate themselves.” – Ramon Montez
- “Millenials and Gen-Z couples are getting married for different reasons than previous generations. The divorce rate is down.” Lynn Marie Goya
- “We are in a legacy industry.” – Maria Romano
- The Las Vegas couple wants meaningful as well as creative.
- The marriage license bureau has a few special stories of couples who were high on more than just love, and explained that couples are required to be sober when applying for their marriage license. Any couples under the influence and advised to return at a later date.
- Our competitive markets include wedding destinations such as Charleston, South Carolina, New York, and even our biggest competitor, Hawaii, still trails in bookings and revenue by 50% of Las Vegas.
- Marriage Licenses can take days if not weeks in other locations – Las Vegas offers “same day marriage licenses” – making the process convenient for couples on all timelines.